Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lemons and Lemonade

So we've had some bad and good things this week.

Today we spent a good amount of the day in the Dr.'s office.  I'm so grateful though that they were opened on Saturday.  I've been having this uncomfortable pain in my foot for a few weeks now, and I've had these weird looking lumps as well.  In that last 3 days though it's been unbearable.  I couldn't stand without feeling like something was stabbing me right in the foot.  My foot was feeling numb and my toes were tingling as well.  By the end of the night I would be crying myself to sleep because my foot hurt so bad.  Something clearly wasn't right!  So I finally went into the Dr's office today and he was kind of baffled by the lumps on my foot.  He made sure though that they were blood clots.  That's what I was worried about, because my Dad has had blood clots in his leg.  I was paranoid that they were going to break apart and going into my brain.  Totally dramatic, I know.  He wants me come back early next week and get a biopsy of them.  Something I am not excited about at all, because all I can think about is a giant needle going into the top of my foot.  Next he had them x-ray my foot to see if I had a hairline fracture.  When that was all done, he said that nothing showed up on the x-ray, but that doesn't mean that I don't have one.  So for now, we are treating it like a hairline fracture.  Which unfortunately means that I can no longer start running again or use the elliptical.  The pressure on my foot is just to painful, and if I don't take care of it properly it's going to take much longer to heal.  Lastly, I have to come back in on Monday to be tested for diabetes.  Seriously, my worst nightmare.  I almost started to cry, because it's not like something that I was born with that I couldn't control.  It's because I was a stupid idiot and gained a ton of weight.  Literally, a whopping 50 lbs. in 2 years.

Onto happier news.  I lost 3 lbs. this week, and Ben lost 1 as well!  I was so excited and happy!  I exercised on a daily basis, ate really healthy, and kept on accurate food and exercise log on Daily Burn.  Even though I can't continue doing my regular exercises that I had planned out for the month, I'm going to continue working out.  I just have to change it up.  I will be putting in a lot of time on the bike, strength training, and abs.  Even walking hurts my foot so bad, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will start to feel better and I can slowly start implementing better cardio back into my workouts.

Happy living!     

No comments:

Post a Comment