Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's for Dinner?

So in the summer I pretty much suck at making meals; except for Sunday.  I hate cooking inside when it feels like 100 degrees, and I'm trying to cut costs by not using the air-conditioning.  So needless to say we do A LOT of grilling.  Chicken, pork chops, hamburgers, bratwurst, and steaks.  You name it, we will grill it.  With the summer coming to an end I figured I better start going over some good recipes to use.  This week we are feasting like kings and I'm proud to say that I only spent $70- and I got enough food for about 1.5 weeks.  I think that's pretty good!  I'm not one of those people who will only spend $30 a week on groceries- if we are going to cook, I want something yummy!  Here's a look at what's on our plates for this week.
What are some of your favorite recipes?  Happy cooking!

Tuesday
  • Chicken tacos 
  • Spanish rice with beans 
  • Salad  
  • Chips and salsa 
Wednesday
  • Hot Italian Sausage with homemade spaghetti sauce 
  • Spaghetti 
  • Garlic bread
  • Tossed salad
Thursday
  • Mexican Hamburgers 
  • Potato Salad
  • Corn on the Cob 
  • Salad 
Friday
  • Tortellini 
  • Leftover Italian Sausage and spaghetti sauce
  • Oven baked garlic and rosemary asparagus 
  • Garlic bread
Saturday
  • Olive Garden for my Birthday! 
Sunday
  • Apple and Sage Pork Chops
  • Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
  • Stuffing 
  • Cornbread 
  • Tossed Salad  

No comments:

Post a Comment