Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Prints

So Brynlee is doing SO MUCH BETTER! It's seriously blowing my mind how much she changes on a weekly basis.  Church was so much better this week! And on sunday we went and had dinner and played games at our neighbors apartment and she was perfect! I was seriously so surprised.  Ben has been working like a mad man so it's definitely been a relief.  About 3 days a week he works from 10 a.m. till 11 p.m. at Freedom and Walmart and then the rest of the week he works from 10 a.m. till 7 p.m.  He also works every other Sunday.  He's such a good husband!

So for most of the day it's just the two of us and as much as I love Brynlee I get pretty bored.  I've tried to fill my craving with just looking at ideas on Pinterests of crafts that one day I could do when we actually had any money left haha and when Brynlee didn't need my attention pretty much 24/7.  I've fallen in love with etsy as well.  I used these as my inspirations for what I made today

 Total cost to buy- $20ish

Total cost to buy and print- $7

 Total cost to buy- $26

So it was really fun to make these! And the whole thing was free except for the couple of bucks I pay to print them at Wal-Mart.  All I had to do was download the free 30 day trial for Adobe Photoshop and then after a few hours of fiddlling around I was finally able to figure out how to design things.  The only one that was really difficult was the Temple Print, I had to find a free clip art and they spent probably close to 2 hours (I know it's a little pathetic) trying to figure out of to change the file and make the temple clip art white.  Let's just say I was SO EXCITED when I finally figured it out! P.S. if anyone wants the temple clip art file to make their own just comment on here with your email address and I will send it to you, just keep in mind that it will be just a blank white page until to change the background of the photoshop document or if you like this one I can email you the jpeg and you can just go and print it out.  Here's my final products! These are all going to go in white matted frames that I have.  Total cost to me $6ish if I had bought them it would have been more then $80 including shipping.  Talk about a steal!   



No comments:

Post a Comment