Saturday, February 19, 2011

Steals and Deals

Yup I'm in full nesting mode.  No, I'm unfortunately not pregnant but I am finding many new ways to occupy my time along with school and work.  Since my crafting addiction as begun I've focused mainly on places only guests can see i.e. living room, kitchen, and bathroom.  I haven't really done to much to our bedroom until now.  But I found some killers sweet deals on some new bedroom furniture so I decided that now would be a nice time to start redecorating!

1st Killer Deal 
 I got this little beauty on the college bulletin board.  I took the drawer pulls off and I'm going to get some new ones.  I'm going to be keeping the color, but I'm going to go over it with another coat and sand it a little to give it a weathered look.  Steal cost...........$20! Yup and it's not made out of cheap-o particle board.

2nd Killer Deal






This here is a lovely little fabric headboard.  It's got a pretty design but I'm not a huge fan of the color.  I only had to pay $20 for this baby! OH YEA! So what I'm going to do is upholster it in a new fabric.  It'll be much easier to just reupholster an already made headboard rather then having to build on from scratch.  I'm thinking of doing it in a fabric like this....



Gotta Love Mustard Yellow! 




I'm leaning more toward the solid just because the new
bedspread we got is a damask pattern of cream and 
black, and because its only........$2 a yard!  Bedspread is being shipped now
as I currently type.  I'm sooooo excited!

Anyways I'm sleepy and have had a very very long week.

Between work and midterms I've burnt the end of the 
candle stick and I'm exhausted!

ATE LOGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment