Friday, February 11, 2011

Jewlery and Hair Accessories Holder

Lately I have been on a total crafting kick! It's the only thing that relaxes me lately is creating something out of bits of pieces of little somethings.  I've really loved making fabric rosettes and flowers for headbands and hair clips but I had no where to put them! Tragic, I know.  Well I found this snazy picture of one that I found on I heart naptime 
She's amazing right?!

Well I used this as my inspiration and hit the DI and found a sweet wooden frame, and went to work on decorating!

 I was lucky to find this for only a couple of dollars.  It was in perfect shape so all I had to do was sand it down and I painted it over with a charcoal color.  It looks navy in the pictures, but that's because I have to worst camera on the planet.  It's much prettier in person.

The next thing I did was measure out the Styrofoam and add to inches.  This then gave me the measurement for how much fabric I needed.  It was about 1/2 yard, so you don't really need to get that much.  Make sure you have the bottom side of your fabric facing up.

After I made sure it was all smooth and I ironed it out, I simply hot glued the fabric to the stryofoam.  WATCH YOUR FINGERS!  I'm pretty sure I burnt off at least 3 layers of skin.  Fold the corners in first and try to get it as tight and smooth as possible.  But don't worry, it a craft!
Imperfections= Perfections!



Then decoupage and add embellishments to your hearts content! I had a really long frame so I had a lot of space left on the top.  I just got a small piece of wood a had a ton of these wood letters from a previous project.  I added the hardware on the corners to keep the fabric from sticking out and it worked out perfectly.  Then I decoupaged this little clip board and then made some matching clothes pins.  I added ribbon to it, so I could hang hair accessories from it.

Then lat everything out and see what you like!  After your happy with the look attach with hot glue gun.  The last thing you need to do is attach it to the frame and hang it up on the wall

FINISHED!  I really like the way it came out, I just wish that I didn't have these white walls!

Oh well it gives me something to look forward to in the future when we get our own home and stop renting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment