Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5 Months Already and Mothers Day

I can't believe how Brynlee has changed in just a months time

So what exactly have we been up too?

Ben has been working really hard in his training class.  He won't really tell anyone because he doesn't want to brag but I certainly will gladly brag about him! He beat his company's record for the length of time to graduate from their training program during assessment.  The record was 8 and he beat it by 2 in just 6 days!  He's a rock star and has people fighting over him to get them on their sales team.  Plus the fact that he is crushing their goals also means that we get larger commissions as well! Pretty much things are looking great at this new job and he works with a bunch of really awesome people.  I have been just having a good time with Brynlee and have been working hard making our house a home and decorating and cleaning.  It actually keeps me pretty occupied.

Brynlee has been changing on a daily basis.  It amazes me the things that she can learn in just a few months.  She is now 27 inches long and weighs 14.5 lbs.  Here are some of her favorite things to do

  • Has rolling over from both sides down packed.  She's a professional and still loves her tummy time.
  • Loves to sleep with her Hippo and we take it pretty much anywhere.  She'll snuggle her face into it or try to eat the hippos head.  It's just adorable
  • Lunges forward and can pull her body a little bit at a time to try to crawl.  It's really funny she just buries her head into the floor, sticks her butt in the air, and goes.  Sometimes she get's rug burn so I try to always have a blanket under her.
  • Absolutely loves being thrown in the air! I'm way to nervous I'm going to drop her so Ben always does it and it's fun to hear her giggle and squeal

  • Supports herself sitting up with her hands.  Not super long but still impressive! 
  • She can take the binky out of her month- and when she tries to put it back in it goes in the opposite direction
  • Loves reading with her momma! Every night before bed time we always read one simple board book  and then we read a real story like a Dr. Seuss book, Good Night Moon, or On the Night You Were Born, or If the Savior Stood beside me.  Afterwards we read a chapter in the Book of Mormon and then we sing a couple Primary Songs and say a prayer.  It's a really great way to end the day! 
  • She thinks Peek-A-Boo is the funniest thing in the whole world but only with me.  Ben and others have tired to do it and she'll just stares that them but when I do it she cracks up so hard! It's the funniest thing

And just a few more because I think she is absolutely adorable

My first Mothers day was on May 13 and it was really special.  I am so happy to have Brynlee as my daughter and that I have an awesome husband who is so helpful and is an awesome example of what a father should be.  I was extremely spoiled this Mother's Day with a few presents and some breakfast burritos before Church.  I told Ben that next year I really don't need anything but a good nights sleep.  I got this perfume, handbag, and the most beautiful necklaces.  It has a small vintage heart on it that looks weathered with a small pearl and a really small pendent with Brynlee's name hand stamped on it.  After we got home from Church we had crockpot cream cheese chicken with noodles and a salad it was delicious! We then went and took a walk around the Falls and just had a relaxing evening.  It was a perfect Mother's Day.  I really reflected on what I can do to be a better wife and mother and how I can be an example for our children and help them stay on the right path.  

   


We have been having so much fun this last month with our little family.  Pretty much every Sunday and Saturday we take a walk around the falls and we feed the ducks and geese that are there.  Ben even was able to have a goose come right up and eat out of his hands.  Fortunately Brynlee was not at all interested in the geese and was supper content in the stroller                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment