Monday, February 17, 2014

Happenings

It's been pretty low key around here.  Our big news is that we found out that we are having a BOY! I still can't really believe it.  I thought it was a boy, but when the ultrasound technician said 100% boy I was a little shocked.  I don't really know anything about boys haha We are so excited for this new adventure with becoming a family of 4.  We are pretty set on his name, Boston John Stanly but who knows if we'll change our minds right at the end of the pregnancy like with did with Brynlee (who was originally going to be named Sadie).  

I absolutely stink at taking pictures of Brynlee during the day.  Our apartment has horrible lighting (with the exception of our little nook in the kitchen).  I want to get an external flash, but thats kind of on the last of the things we need before baby comes.  I am going to make a better effort though to get some pictures of Brynlee other than on my phone.  

We have also been redecorating.  I have been wanting to do this for over a year (since we moved here), but there was always something more important to put money into.  I honestly haven't bought anything for our home until recently, so we really needed an update badly.  I am just working on our living room and its basically done.  We are just waiting for the sofa that we bought a couple of weeks ago to get here.  We have never had new furniture ever.  We have always bought ours second hand and it was really starting to look funky ;) It was a splurge for us, but the furniture store was having a 60% off liquidation sale so we didn't want to pass it up.  In the living room are color scheme is gray, light blue, white, and accents of yellow.  I absolutely love it right now.  It's calming and bright and just makes me happy to be in.  Once it's all finished I'll put up some pictures.  Gosh I can't wait till we have a home of our own and we can paint these walls!  Thankfully we have a nice two tone paint in our apartment and not stark white wals, but I would like a light neutral soft gray one day.  

Since Ben gave me basically complete free range on the living room, with the exception of the sofa.  He likes leather furniture while I prefer fabric (not microfiber though).  The living room does have some feminine touches. I have to admit it haha but I love it and it looks really nice and coordinated!  Any body else ever have designer disagreements with your spouse?  Ben loves darker richer colors and I'm moving more into neutrals with pops of color.  So we are basically opposite right now.  I caved and gave Ben free range of what color scheme to do our bedroom.  Granted the only thing we are actually going to be getting our some frames, curtains, and a new bedspread.  Let's cross our fingers that it isn't brown haha  

So other than just trying to get ready for baby, and waiting till my sessions our over in the next few months to get started on his room we are just playing around.  I want to do his nursery in Navy, light gray, and accents of burnt orange.  I've been searching high and low for bedding and I'm really coming up short.  There are way more options of girls!  If I new how to sew I would probably just make the crib sheets and skirt myself and just buy a bumper.  Bens only request was that we get a couple of small planes to hang in the corner of his room.  

1 comment:

  1. shopping for a boy was/is really hard especially for decor stuff. We did a monkey theme for Kenneth with Green, brown and white as our colors. We've been lucky with those colors to find things pretty easily. This baby I'm completely changing the colors of the quilt but and Kenneth's new quilt is also even more different. Haha. I just chose fabric I liked, and with Kenneth's quilt I picked the fabric up when I was still hoping for a girl.
    I'm sure your little boy's room will be so cute! One day Kenneth and this little guy might have matching everything but for now they'll be different.

    ReplyDelete