Thursday, January 23, 2014

2 Years Old!

I can't believe that I have a two year old!

Brynlee is the absolute best thing that has happened to our family.  She brought us together in a way that I didn't know was possible and is just a little ray of sunshine.

Here are just a few things that I love about you Brynlee bear at two years old...
  • You're talkative- it's the cutest thing, you have so much to say and sometimes you don't know the right words but something comes out anyway.  You tell us (usually) exactly what you want.  haha you've also become a little bit bossy, I wonder where you got that from? ;) 
  • You're energetic and playful- oh my is this an understatement!  You have so much energy for such a little body!  You get excited about everything, and you let that excitement be known.  You're pretty loud haha But I love your happy screams, I think they are endearing.  When Dad comes home you just light up and run around screaming "daddy home!! Daddy home!!" And immediately you make all of us run after you.  
  • You're loving- You love your stuffed animals and babies.  You are so good at rocking them gently and you share your hats and blankets with them really well.  You are quick to say sorry and give me a hug when you have had to sit in time-out for a bad choice.  You love playing with other kids and are quick to give hugs and kisses.  You love to snuggle with me right before nap time.  It's one of the best parts of my day.  You just get your blanky, binkie, and come snuggle up to me no matter what I am doing.  I will stop anything at the drop of a hat when you do that.  You love your dad and I so much and we know it.  We aren't short on kisses, hugs, and high fives.  You set a good example for me to remember to tell you everyday how much I love you.  
  • You're athletic- Man girl, you have a really good kick.  You love kicking your ball around the house and are pretty good about kicking it back and forth to us.  You also love your trampoline, possibly a little too much!  You are a very intense jumper haha and I can tell how you are trying to do your best, and jump as high as you can.  You also love to swing off the handle of the trampoline and hang from anything.  You've got a good throwing arm too.  This can be a good and bad thing though :) Sometimes when you're really happy you just like to throw something, other times when you're mad you will throw something.  We call this "hulking out"!  You are also so fast.  I'm amazed when I watch your little legs run up and down the hall way or outside.  Or how fast you spin when you are dancing.  You love dancing!  We have dance parties throughout the day and I hope we always do this.  You remind me to have fun and not care who's watching.  
  • You're persistent (and a little stubborn)- I actually love this about you, you don't give up on something easily.  You always try harder and harder.  This is going to get you far in life in whatever you decide to do.  You know what you like and that's that. 
  • You're funny- When you do something that makes us laugh you definitely know it, and will do it over and over again with the big grin on your face.  Just the other day we were eating dinner and we took your dress off to not get dirty and you just turned around and started dancing in the window.  It was hilarious.  You will make funny faces and do shake your shoulders too.  You keep me laughing throughout the day.  
So those are just a few things that I love about you :) Here's what you like these days. 

Favorite Foods- Turkey, cheese, cucumbers, apples, and broccoli 
Favorite Books- The Little Engine that Could, Sofia the First, and the Monster Love book
Favorite Toys- Any trains!  Your little kitchen, and your little people princess castle 
Favorite Clothes- of my gosh you are obsessed with dresses right now.  Everything is "pretty dress" 
Favorite TV Show- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite Movie- Tie between Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast 

We also got Brynlee's stats and no wonder her clothes don't fit her well!  She only 24 lbs (27th percentile) and 35 inches (75th percentile).  We've got a tall little chickadee.  Ben and I took bets the other day to see how much she weighed and we were both off.  I said 32 lbs and Ben said 34, haha I don't think we can handle a 34lb Brynlee carrying her up our apartment stairs, it's hard enough as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment