Monday, January 7, 2013

Brynlee's First Birthday!!

I can't believe that my little Brynlee turned 1 year old on the 21st!  Holy Moly I have a toddler...watch out world!  I'm really grateful for this sweet girl who has been brought into our lives.  I couldn't ask for a funnier, sassier, sweeter, and just down right goofy girl.  Every time I get that smile beaming from ear to ear I know that we must be doing something right.

Brynlee's Update

  • She's completely weaned off of formula and loves her whole milk
  • Eats three solid meals a day, with snacks in between and use her sippy cups 
  • Loves veggies!  We lucked out on this one.
  • Walks like there is no tomorrow.  She's so fast to!
  • Climbs everything
  • Says: Hi, what's that, and dada.  She'll only say mama if she's in extreme pain...the little stinker!
  • Still a daddy's girl.  When he gets home from work her face is completely beaming.  She's got a lot of love in this house.  
  • Weighs 20lbs and is 29 inches long 
  • Follows all of the other babies around in Relief Society.  She's a complete social butterfly.  She'll just walk up and down the room waving and smiling at people.  
  • She's a little flirt.  Seriously, we're going to have to watch this one.
  • Loves her baby doll.  
  • When she does something good she'll clap for herself.  And if somebody tells her good job she'll clap for herself as well.  
  • Throws tantrums....ugh this one is not so good!  
  • She stills sleeps a lot! She naps about 3-4 hours a day and goes to bed from 9pm-8am

We celebrated Brynlee's birthday on the 22nd and had a little party with our family.  I was amazed by all of the toys, clothes, and books that she got.  I have to say though, she really did need some toys so we are extremely grateful for them!

I had a lot of fun getting all of the decorations set up and I have to say as much as I loved creating it, I'm really glad that her birthday is only once a year.  We had a bunch of yummy food; baked ziti, meatballs, veggies and dip, pigs n' a blanket, cupcakes, rice krispy pops, and some more sweets.  Needless to say we were all stuffed.  It was nice being able to celebrate with family and we really appreciate everything that they did to make her first birthday special.  The funny thing was that Brynlee slept about half way through her party.  All of us ate first, and then I went and woke her up from her nap.  It actually worked out quite perfectly.  However, we learned that Brynlee is not a fan of being sung Happy Birthday.  She bawled through the whole thing!! Oh well, it was a very successful and loving little party.  We love you B!

Here are a few pictures from her special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment