Saturday, January 7, 2012

Brynlee's First 2 Weeks!

Well we've had Brynlee home for a little over 2 weeks now, and it really has flown by! This little girl is so sweet (for the most part haha) but I can definitely see some of my spunk in her.  It's all a huge adjustment having a baby and balancing school, work, and family time.  But we are managing! Ben has been working like a mad man this past week too so it's been a little stressful.  He works Monday-Saturday from 9am till usually 7pm or later.  But yesterday he sat down with his boss and said they discussed him working one day a week from home because I'm getting a little stressed out and it would just be nice to have an extra hand so I could sleep haha not like that will ever happen again!

Brynlee is adorable, but for some odd reason she doesn't really like to sleep at night! She's up about every 2 hours to nurse and only nurses for like 10 minutes until she gets bored and wants to talk.  Yes my two week old talks! I'm talking like grunts and crying for a long time! Needless to say I don't really sleep anymore! But we have a system worked out and our developing a routine.  We have awesome neighbors as well! Last week Brynlee would not stop crying for anything and it was like the third night in a row and I was crying, Ben was getting upset, and we had my in-laws visiting so it was a little stressful that night.  Finally Ben went up stairs to the Turners and Markie came down and gave me some good advice! Every other night we give her a bath, than swaddle her up, and she nurses right than.  She usually than passes out for at least a few hours and than throughout the night she sleeps better all around.  She's got some tummy troubles with gas and all so we feel pretty bad for her because it hurts her little tummy! Anyways swaddling and baths=amazing! Thanks Markie!

Brynlee sleeps on and off throughout the day so I'm able to get my school work done and work ahead too for those unexpected days when she just doesn't want to be put down.  I'm only taking 12 credits (17 was way to much!) and they are all online, but they require a lot of busy work and writing.

First Christmas!

First Bath!



Just being cute!




1 comment:

  1. So glad I could help! Feel free to holler at your girl upstairs if you ever need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete