Friday, December 16, 2011

Pink and Aqua Nursery is Complete!

Well our baby girl's room is finally done! And just in the nick of time as well, considering my due date is this Sunday :)

We are really happy with how it turned out and the best part of it is that a lot of it was done on the cheap through different DIY projects, buying stuff on sale, and just shopping around for the best deal in general.


I made the lamp, the "I'm a Child of God" picture was bought on etsy as an electronic file for only $3 and I had the frame already so all I had to do was go and print it out, I also made the embroidery hoop wall hangings from scaps of fabric that I had and you can get the hooks for like $1.

We we're really fortunate with our families being able to get some of the bigger pieces for us so that we could still have a small Christmas! The Stanly's bought us our crib and my mom got us the dresser, and we got the bedding from Pottery Barn Kids.  It was the only thing in the room that I splurged on :)


This chair was a total gift from Ben! We were walking around Walmart one day picking up some of the stuff that we still needed for the baby and we said we should get this for you, it's probably more comfortable than the regular recliner that we were going to put in there.  What a sweetheart! Now we have some owl accents as well throughout the room because I thought they were cute, but this is by no means a "theme"! Every time Ben see's something with an owl on it he try's to convince me to get it! I again made the lamp, and I painted the ceramic owl, and the table...check this out!!! Was $25 from Walmart and is super perfect! We absolutely love it! We got the owl pillow as a baby shower gift from the Stanly's and I was able to get this paper lanterns for just a couple dollars a piece online.


We finished up the day before yesterday with finally hanging the shelves that I had gotten on the wall.  Because we've been so busy and I tend to hang things crooked, I've been waiting several weeks for this to get done! I'm so happy with how it turned out and how much storage space our changing table gives us.  Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment