Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Birth Day Class is a Great Investment!

What an interesting class! I definitely recommend this to any of my friends in the Rexburg, ID area who are expecting or will be soon ;) it's definitely worth the time and money especially if you are going to do a natural birth.  I never realize how much I didn't know or even think about!

The first class we talked all about what our ideal birth experience would be.  It was a really small class for this session just us and another couple and than there will be a few different couples coming at random weeks for classes that they missed.  Katy Rawlins is the instructor and is a certified doula as well.  She is so funny and really knows her stuff.  One of the best parts is the fact that it doesn't feel like a class that you would take a school or at the hospital, it's more relaxed and realistic so I feel comfortable asking questions and not feel stupid.

My favorite part about the 1st class was discussing what your partner will be doing while your in active labor, and especially what he won't be doing.  Please no counting! Childbirth is a natural process and in fact it releases the same hormones in your body as when your being intimate with your spouse.  You want to feel as relaxed as possible to ease the pain, and having someone counting in your face 1,2,3,4,5,6 screaming YOU CAN DO IT! COME ONE YOU CAN DO IT! I realized in the class that it was certainly not relaxing for me! haha

Another thing that I loved was learning the best way to make noise.  You always see people screaming at the top of their lungs during childbirth but that's actually counter productive! It's proven that making noise when you are in pain helps to cope, but there are different types of noises.  When you are moaning in a low pitch you are actually relaxing your cervix...go on try it...now scream in a high pitch, do you feel it tighten up?
Well I don't want to give away any of her secrets but just a little teaser for all my mama's out there.

Her class is worth it, it's fun, it's affordable, and I feel more confident that I can have Sadie in the least invasive way possible without any unnecessary medical intervention.  Also me and Ben left feeling even closer to each other and having a better idea of what to expect and what we can do.

http://birthidahofalls.com/?page_id=2

No comments:

Post a Comment