Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tasty Planner and Baby Names

We had a wonderful 4th of July we spent it with some of Ben's family that came up from Utah and had a yummy dinner and watched the fireworks.  Last weekend we went down to Idaho Falls to deliver some of Ben's 4G devices he sold people.  Work has Ben insane for him! But it's nice to have a little extra cash in the paychecks coming up :) One night he worked from about 1pm to 12am...in addition to getting paid hourly he made a commission of over $200 in one night!! WOWOO Way to go Ben! you just bought us a crib :) We actually have a list of things we will need to buy and a timeline so we don't get overwhelmed with everything.  My work has been good, busy, but stressful. My morning sickness is virtually gone so that has been very pleasant!

Because my morning sickness is gone I have really decided that we needed to start planning out our meals for the week.  We were spending so much money on groceries but I felt like we didn't have anything to show for it.  Thankfully we finally listened to the BILLION of people that told us we needed to go down to WinCo in Idaho Falls for grocery shopping.  I was very skeptical but I am completely converted.  WinCo is amazing! We literally got our groceries for two weeks for less then the cost of one week if we would have gotten them here in Rexburg.  It is definitely worth the 30 minute drive down there! So a little over a week ago I made a goal that I was going to plan out all of our meals for the week and make sure I make every one.  I am happy to say I DID IT!! Yes, Ben has been very well fed once again.  But it's seriously all thanks to Tasty Planner  I kept all my recipes there, they have a handy little planner so you can see your week, and get this once you add a recipe to the planner it automatically adds it to a grocery list for you.  So all I had to do edit it to take out the things that we already had.
Weekly Menu w/ links to all the recipes:
Saturday:  Chicken Supreme
Sunday:  Italian Chicken and Potatoes and Cookies and Cream Parfaits
Monday:  French Toast with bacon, eggs, and hash browns
Tuesday:  Penne all'arrabbiata and Garlic Bread
Thursday:  BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches and pasta salad

T MINUS 2 weeks and 3 days till we head on over to the Dr's and find out if we are going to be parents to a hilarious little boy or a cute baby girl! We have a list of 20 names, yea I know we are crazy.  But picking out a name is the funnest part.  I'm going to be keeping them a secret though until we are completely decided on one so ya'll are going to have to wait till we find out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment