Friday, June 6, 2014

Gold, Navy, and Coral Girls Bedroom

Its finally all done.  Like literally...not one more project to do, accessory to buy, or Pinterest pin to pin.  Well actually that's not completely true, I bought a pack of 4 spice racks for her book rack but only ended up using 3 so I'm going to put a small one right above her chalkboard table to hold her erasers and chalk..but that won't happen till this weekend.

Today I made sure to wake up a little bit earlier and put frozen on for Brynlee so I could make her room spotless and while she was busy watching the movie I could take some detail shots of her room.  Some people might think it's weird, but I like to photograph each room in our house every once in a while so I can look back and remember when we move to a different place and get older what it looked like.  It's a little memento that we can show our kids about living in Rexburg, Idaho Falls, and eventually somewhere far far away from Idaho ;) There were a few people who wanted the tutorials for some of the things that I was working on as well, so this is an easy way for ya'll to find the links.

I also wanted to get some more natural shots of Brynlee just doing her thing and playing in her room.  Contrary to popular belief, I do actually take pictures of her in normal clothes not prancing around in fields.  However our apartment most of the time doesn't have the best natural lighting so I'm really limited in when I can shoot that without having to get out my flash.

Brynlee's room was truly a labor of love (combined with some serious nesting!).  I wanted to make a space that she would actually play in and that I could see myself spending some serious time in there as well.  It's probably my favorite room in our apartment.  Here are the links for the DIY projects and some of my favorite items.

Pink and Gold Bedding: Land of Nod
Gold and white curtains: Land of Nod
Navy Rug: Overstock
Small geometric chair:  Walmart
Wall Prints:  Penny Jane Designs
DIY Garland:  tutorial here
DIY Ikea Children's table hack:  tutorial here
DIY Ikea Book Rack hack: tutorial here
DIY Ombre Dresser:  tutorial here











No comments:

Post a Comment