Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Re-decorating Bug

It's bad.  I caught it.  The dreaded RE-DECORATING bug!  Look out bank account.  Just kidding, I'm keep myself in check (and by "I", I mean Ben).

Lately I've been really want to change things up.  Whenever the season changes so does our living room.  I really don't redecorate in any other room besides the small dining area and the living room.

Here's what I have been up to....
Spruced up outside with some fall decorations.  I'll be adding something "halloweenish", soon
 Moved the bookshelf into the office, hung up an old mirror, and got this lovely accent table and lamp for a really affordable price off of craigslist.  This girl created a little store of home decor in her garage.  Everything was made-over by her, I was in heaven.  It was the best thing I've ever seen, and I'm slightly (massively) jealous of her and her incredible talent to turn old junk, into beautiful pieces.  I will hopefully be going back!
I'm not a fan of Halloween decorations inside, other than something small.  No cobwebs and vampires in this house!  This is my version of Halloween...Subtle...and basically non-existent.  Maybe I'll get a cute print to display on an end table or hang up some spooky bunting...but that's as far as it goes!  This was an extremely easy and cheap craft to make.  I simply had a distressed frame, had a wooden 'S' lying around, and one sheet of scrapbook paper from Porters.  The frame is open and I just hung it up with a small clear tack, and I had one of those velco-sticky things that go on photo frames and I just attached it to the back of the 'S'.  I think I'll swap out the S every so often for a different pattern.  I know, so silly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment