Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Who Knew That Praying and Bowling Went So Well Together

We had a really great Family Home Evening Yesterday!  We don't get to have a ton of family home evening because we are both in school and working and it seems like our schedules just never cooperate.  So this was definitely a treat!

Ben gave a great lesson on prayer, and we made our goals to work on for the week.  That's something that I have really come to love about being married, GOALS! I'm not talking soccer goals, but those desire that you have for each other and yourself to be better people.  It's nice to work on something together and to see each other improve. 

Me and Ben are taking a class together called Building an Eternal Marriage, it's all about strengthening your marriage.  I'd recommend it to anyone! Well in class today a girl said that she and her husband don't really like to prayer together because it feels very repetitive of their personal prayers.  Well my teacher Brother Saterfield gave some great advice.  He said that family prayers should be about your family, but personal prayers are more one on one with God, think of it as like a temple interview.  I'm so grateful that I can feel the love and support from my Heavenly Father, and that I know when I'm praying that he is truly listening and understanding my concerns.  I'm thankful that I am able to communicate with God and express my gratitude for all of our blessings.  We really have it good!

Well after a WONDERFUL lesson we went bowling.  Dang Ben is good!  I however......am not so good, but we had a ton of fun!


1 comment: